1. They Dress Well - I’m not someone to judge someone for a brand they wear, but I do take notice of a guy or gal who consistently looks fly. My dad used to tell me to dress for the job I desire, not the job I have. I think that applies here.
2. They’re in Good Shape - It’s really difficult to hit the gym or go for a run following a long day at work. That’s why I have profound respect for individuals who are disciplined and keep themselves in great shape.
3. They Smile/Greet Strangers - Strangers can quickly become acquaintances, friends and potentially even more. I respect people who go out of their way to acknowledge strangers in a positive manner!
4. They’re Honest - I have profound respect for those people who I can tell something to and trust that they won’t pass that information on without my consent.
5. They Work Their Tail Off - There are people with super high motors that seem to constantly be driven to achieve something new. These individuals receive tremendous respect from me.
6. They Pay it Forward - I respect those who have been blessed financially and contribute a good portion of their wealth back into society.
7. The Way They Treat Their Significant Other -When I see an older gentleman hold the door for his wife or pull out the chair for her when sitting down, it warms my heart and I immediately respect him on a whole new level.
8. The Professional Position They Hold - If I meet the General Manager of the Houston Astros, I’m going to have respect for him because I’ve got a hunch of everything he’s gone through to get to where he’s at today.
9. They Say Something Unpopular Because it Needs to be Said - I’m sure many of you have that friend or family member that never hesitates to say something, despite the awkwardness. I love these people.
10. The way they treat service staff - So many people treat service industry workers like lesser humans. As if what they do is meaningless and mindless. And that could not be further from the truth. We all should be cognizant of the way we treat the lady working the cash register or the young man bagging our groceries…because it says a lot more about who we are than who they are!
- Education, Language, Culture & Travel
- Health, Psychology, Fitness, Food & Drink
- Home, Garden & Local Living
- News, Business & Current Affairs
- Computers, Science & Technology
- Music, Art, Hobbies, Entertainment & TV
- Sports, Outdoors & Gaming
- History & Significant Events
- Fashion & Photography
- Parenting, Family, Religion & Spirituality
- Automobile, Boating & Aviation